Types of Cookies & Technologies That We Use
- A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site until you choose to delete them, and otherwise, typically delete themselves at expiration. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions.
- A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
- A third-party cookie is placed by someone other than Altorise and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites/apps and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time set in each third-party cookie.
You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our website/app may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. For more information about cookies, you may visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Here’s a description of Altorise cookies you may see and their purposes:
Tracks if a visitor has clicked an ad before.
Helps maintain a persistent user session
Stores whether a user has chosen to view the mobile version of a website.
Checks whether or not the current visitor is a logged in WordPress.com user.
Persists a user’s wp-admin configuration.
Tracks whether or not a user has already performed an action.
Used in order to determine whether or not the cookie banner should be shown. Set immediately on page load and retained for 6 hours to remember the visitor’s country.
Remembers the state of visitor acceptance to the cookie banner. Only set when the visitor clicks Accept.
Set when the user is logged in using two-factor authentication.
Checks if cookies are enabled to provide an appropriate user experience.
Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Web Beacons/Clear GIFs Information: When you use the website/app, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and enhance the Altorise experience for our users.
- Strictly necessary. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website/app or to provide the services requested by you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website/app, use a shopping cart, or make use of online-billing services.
- Functionality. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website/app. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language, region, or product/service preferences).
- Analytical/performance. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website/app when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website/app works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Google Analytics: The website/app also uses Google Analytics to help understand how our Service is used by its community. For some of the advertising features listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with our first-party data and third-party cookies (like Google’s advertising cookies). See here for how Google uses data when you use our Service and how you may opt-out (www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
- Other Analytics Providers. We also use other third-party analytics services, including LinkedIn & Twitter Analytics, Sift, and Segment. We use these analytics providers to help understand the use of the Service. These analytics services collect the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address, and their use of this information is governed by their privacy policies. You can find links to their privacy policies below, in the “Managing Cookies Technologies” section, and on their respective websites/apps.
- Social Networks. These are used to enable you to interact with third-party social-networks when logged into our website/app (subject to any preferences you set with those third-parties). Social networks may also work with us or with you for analytics or for marketing purposes, as discussed below. You may be able to manage your privacy preferences for these social networks and their tools and widgets via your account with the social network. You can find links to their privacy policies below in the “Managing Cookies Technologies” section and additionally on their respective websites.
- Targeting and Marketing. Although we do not serve third-party advertising on our website/app, we do work with third-parties to target advertising for our website/app on third-party websites/apps. These cookies record your visit to our website/app, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website/app more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These third-party service providers may use various cookies and similar technology to permit us and them to show you ads on third-party websites/apps. These may include things such as:
- Frequency capping, which limits the number of times a user’s browser or mobile device displays the same ad;
- Attribution tracking, which estimates what advertising or marketing source brought someone to our website/app, or determines what marketing source led to actions like a visit or a purchase;
- Remarketing, which shows relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping and browsing patterns on our website/app;
- Audience targeting, which refers to targeting advertisements to a large audience based on the audience’s known or inferred demographics; and
- Cross-device recognition, which recognizes actions across multiple devices or browsers.
You can find links to their privacy policies below in the “Managing Cookies Technologies” section.
Consent, Contract, and Legitimate Interests in Processing
Certain Cookie Technologies are employed to make the website/app function for its intended purpose and are provided based on contractual necessity based on your agreement with Altorise to perform the services you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the service noted above.
By choosing to use our Services after having been notified of our use of Cookie Technologies in the ways described in this Policy, and, in applicable jurisdictions, through notice and unambiguous acknowledgment of your consent, you agree to such use.
You have the ability to control the use of certain cookies and similar technologies.
Opt-in and Opt-out on Browsers
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website/app.
Opt-out of Third-Party Networks
Google Analytics Opt-out
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). You may find out more and opt-out here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and Opt-out here https://adssettings.google.com.
Additional Third-Party Cookies and Similar Technologies Used on this website/app. Currently, our website/app uses these primary third-party cookies:
Provider (example cookie names)
Google (PREF, _gid, _ga, _gat_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, IDE, GPS, test_cookie, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE)
Advertising, Performance, Targeting
Facebook (_fbp, datr, fr)
Social Widget, Advertising, Targeting
Social Widget, Advertising, Targeting
Segment (ajs_group_id, ajs_anonymous_id)
Shopify (ki_t, ki_r)
Performance, Analytics, Strictly Necessary (shopping cart)
Cloudflare (__cf_bm, __cfduid)
Strictly Necessary (security)
Strictly Necessary, Functional (customer support)
Razorpay (Clientid, Rzp_utm, razorpay_api_session)
Functional, Strictly Necessary (payments)